Saturday, February 11, 2017

The Stuff of Story

The need to see a pattern
in a mysterious universe is as old as the human race.
Arnold Toynbee
*
We tell ourselves stories
in order to live
Joan Didion
*
In the beginning God
created heaven and earth.
The Bible
*
The most beautiful experience
we can have is the mysterious.
Whoever does not know it 
and can no longer marvel,
is as good as dead.
Albert Einstein 
*
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by 
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost

*
A. A. Milne
In the beginning, untold millions of wiggle-tailed thingies were ejaculated by my father 
into my mother's vagina to begin their    
immense journey swimming up the vast cavern 
of her uterus to begin their life-spawning assault
on a single egg that - for one brief
miraculous moment - managed  
 

to swim up my  mother's
uterus  to....   
But was it fun?



No comments:

Post a Comment